A wondrous night of colourful cabaret from local comedians in aid of Hackney Winter Night Shelter (in association with The Homeless Stand Up Support Project). Clowning, characters, music and outrageous antics... One night only in magical eco-arts space Grow, amazing value for this much laughter, and all for a good cause. Limited tickets, so don't miss out!
Featuring the following stars of the alternative comedy scene...
• ED ACZEL – “Perhaps Britain's greatest living anti-comedian” (The Guardian), "One of the strangest, and finest, hours of live comedy I’d ever seen” (Zadie Smith), Winner of Malcolm Hardee Comedy Award for Comic Originality
• EVA ON SCHNIPPISCH – Furiously funny Weimar Vixen, "Excellent...will leave you in stitches!" (EdFestMag)
• CASSIE ATKINSON – “Future national treasure, bringing wonderfully strange characters to life” (ToDoList)
• YASMINE DAY – 80’s power ballad sensation and pub favourite , London Cabaret Awards finalist 2018
• DIVA NINA DAVINA & LUCIA BOMBILLA – Tragic scenes of legendary women where snakes were (kind of) present, “Surreal, melodramatic and glitzy… intoxicatingly funny” (Max Tookey)
• NATHAN LANG – “You can expect to laugh an awful lot and not know why” (The List), "Electric, hilarious” (Whatsonstage.com)
Hosted by comedy duo and masters of the surreal THE ESTABLISHMENT (★★★★ “This is silliness as an artform” The Scotsman)
100% of profits go to Hackney Winter Night Shelter.
Drinks and snacks are available on the night.
Dogs are welcome. (They don't have to be over 18.)
Hackney Winter Night Shelter provides a hot meal and a warm bed for homeless guests who would otherwise be out on the streets during the coldest winter months, and offers professional and holistic support to help guests rebuild their lives. Hackney Winter Night Shelter is volunteer-led and has been opening doors to homeless people in the borough since 1993. It is run by Hackney Doorways (registered charity no.1139183).
Last year THE HOMELESS SUPPORT STAND UP PROJECT was a huge success involving some of the biggest clubs in the UK, including The Comedy Store, The Frog & Bucket and The Soho Theatre. About 30 events raised around £9000 collectively, which was distributed to various non-profit homeless charities throughout the UK.